Today was a low key day. We had breakfast with Stephen Lungo, the CEO of Africa Enterprise, hung out for a little while at the hotel (my room has become the SDEA hang out room - which of course I love since I love having people hang out in my "home"), went to lunch and to the Mission Africa Office helping them put together packets for the Pastor's meeting. The Pastor's meeting was a little different compared to American standards. They began with a song of praise - it was really cool. There was so much passion in their worship - if only we had that much passion and conviction on a Sunday morning in our churches - much less a Pastor's meeting. In my devotion a few days ago, Psalms 21:6 states, "Surely You have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of Your presence", wow - we should all worship the Lord this way - because He is always with us.
After the meeting we went to dinner at Ocean Basket - it was really good. We had fish and chips - very yummy.
My new thing I began today was keeping a list of the differences in American words and African words. Songe from Africa Enterprise and Pastor Vernick (our tour guide from yesterday) are helping me compile my list. We keep saying random words to each other to see if they are different. I'll include a few for you tonight...
Fun Facts:
- they do not say something is cute - they say awww shame
- a soda is a cool drink
- I have noticed here they do not have a lot of sedan cars - there are a lot of hatchback cars here
I know tomorrow is going to be very exciting and busy. I hope to have a post packed full of info and photos for you then. I'll be praying for you and your churches back home tomorrow.
Love to all...


No comments:
Post a Comment