Just a quick post to let everyone know that I made it safely. Its 10:55 PM here right now (3:35 PM in Alabama - we are 7 hours ahead of you). The flights were good. Atlanta to Amsterdam was probably the most uncomfortable as I was sitting next to a big man who liked to spread out. I did pass the time by watching a couple of movies (Date Night - funny, funny - I am sure the people around me were wondering why I was laughing out loud so much and The Backup Plan - it was good, typical chick flick). I attempted to read, but just couldn't focus. I didn't get any sleep on this one - I could never comfortable. Once we landed in Amsterdam we went through 3 security checks. It was very different. To enter our gate we had our carry on screened and we had to go through the metal detector, then we waited and went through another checkpoint and waited in a room and then got to board. It was very different compared to ours.
The flight to Johannesburg as in the words of Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation - it was nice...real nice. It was 1/4 full so we got to spread out and have a row to ourselves. I slept about 4 hours total on that flight. And that leads me to now - I am in my hotel room about to get some sleep. I'll have a couple photos to upload tomorrow with some pictures of our airline meals...
We fly to Nelspruit tomorrow where Scott and Joey will pick us up (it will be good to see them again). Lenning told me I would be getting right to work - so excited to see what we'll be doing and get involved in the mission.
Hopefully I can blog again tomorrow.
Thanks for the prayers!!
Good Night from South Africa!
Gina (and I did not check this blog to see if it makes sense...too sleepy)
8.18.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
glad you're there! can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment