8.16.2010

Heading Out!!!!!!

So, tomorrow is the day - I have been so excited about this for months and it is finally here.  I cannot believe it!  I'm packed (for the most part), started taking my malaria meds (blah - they make me a little nauseous, please pray that goes away - I have to take it for 47 days), have a ton of books to read, have my cameras charged and ready and downloaded some music and movies for my journey.

I had a great weekend - spent time with my family on Sunday celebrating my dad's birthday and today hanging with my sister & brother-in-law and getting hugs from my parents before I leave (please pray for my parents - I know they are worried about me - as most parents would be - I guess you never get too old for your parents to worry about you and I love that about them).  I also had a fun weekend with my friends too - went to our usual hot spot - the $1 movies to see "Knight and Day" (here is your Monday movie review - blah - stupid - don't waste your time), rented "Bounty Hunter" (just ok) and went to my friend, Mayfield's parents to hear about his sister's experiences as an english teacher in China (she is doing great work for the Kingdom there - pray for her as she goes back to China to teach English on Sunday).  And tonight my some of my sweet girl friends from church met me for dinner for my final Alabama meal for awhile - we hit my favorite hot spot - Wing's.  So, it was a great final weekend with everyone for a few weeks!

Ok - here are some last minute details for you before I head out... :)
I will be updating my blog (as long as I have wi-fi) and my facebook. I will have my sdea email and my bellsouth email as well (so if you have my email address - email away). I can receive text messages for free (so text away - I'd love to hear from you) but it costs me .50 to send - so please do not be offended if I do not respond to your text. If you have it, message me and I will give you my skype name and my aol instant messenger name. There is an 8 hour time difference but I have a feeling I will be up some nights late (late in Africa, early for Alabama) trying to get used to the time). You can track my flights and see where we are (if you are that bored) on flightaware.com - just type in the airline and flight # - its pretty cool (my itinerary is below).

I'm super excited and I know its going to be a once in a lifetime trip. I know God is going to do huge things in the lives of the people AND in my life too!! Know I'll be praying for you back home. I can't wait to tell you all about it on the blog and show you pictures!! 

Thanks for the prayers!
Gina :)


Here is my flight info (all times are local to the city I will be in)...

Depart
Delta 4957 Birmingham 8/17 - 10:00 a.m.
Arrive
Atlanta 8/17 - 12:04 p.m.
Depart
Delta 238 Atlanta 8/17 - 5:20 p.m.
Arrive
Amsterdam 8/18 - 8:15 a.m.
Depart
Delta 9600 Amsterdam 8/18 - 10:30 a.m.
Arrive
Johannesburg 8/18 - 9:25 p.m.
Depart
SAA 8827 Johannesburg 8/19 - 9:30 a.m.
Arrive
Nelspruit 8/19 - 10:25 a.m.

Depart
SAA 8842 Nelspruit 8/31 - 1:35 p.m. (13:35)
Arrive
Johannesburg 8/31 - 2:30 p.m. (14:30)
Depart
Delta 8513 Johannesburg 8/31 - 7:30 p.m.
Arrive
Paris-De Gaulle 9/01 - 6:05 a.m.
Depart
Delta 8504 Paris-De Gaulle 9/01 - 10:40 a.m.
Arrive
Atlanta 9/01 - 2:05 p.m.
Depart
Delta 5493 Atlanta 9/01 - 3:30 p.m.
Arrive
Birmingham 9/01 - 3:24 p.m.

No comments: