I spent the afternoon organizing photos and videos and we went to lunch at Jock and Java. I had a chicken, bacon, cheese sandwich - club sandwich basically - it was really good. I do miss American ketchup though - the tomato sauce (as they call it here) is not very good. For dinner this week we have been eating at the hotel - its been pretty good. Tonight we had something called pumpkin fritters....yummo!
Tonight we went out to tents again. Scott L was in a tent and he had 30 made decisions for Christ! Joey was supposed to be in a tent, but that was changed at the last minute so Mike, Joey, Scott D and I were together (we were where Joey was last night - you need to read his blog to hear his stories from last night). When we walked in I was the first to enter the tent and they all started clapping and whistling, then Joey walked in and they all started cheering and screaming (they loved him last night). We were escorted to the front like usual and listened and worshiped with them. I had the camera and was taking photos - the kids were posing and loved that. As they were dancing they stirred up dust and hay that is in the tent - needless to say - that caused me to start sneezing (sinus meds are calling my name tonight). Joey introduced Scott (since they knew Joey) and Scott preached. 38 came down to be saved! This church does a great job with their counseling and follow up - you do not see that in all churches but this one was great! They took up their offering in a blanket - people came and threw their money in it....never seen that before.
After the service ended I sorta felt like a celebrity as people flocked to us wanting their photos made with us and wanting us to take their picture (I have lots of pictures of us with the people and of the people themselves - they loved having their photo made and looking at it on the camera). They wanted to hold my hand and hug me. One girl came and kissed me on the cheek. I was blown away at all the love they showed us. Its strange to think that we were so special to them here. We are normal people, nothing special, but to them we were special. Its like the way that Jesus loves us - we feel that we are nothing special, but to Him, we are His, His chosen ones. He loves us unconditionally, he wants to hold our hands and love us just the way these people loved us tonight - we just have to allow Him to do that - He is there - all we have to do is surrender. My devo a few days ago was being aware of His presence at all times - He never leaves us - we just have to train ourselves to be aware of Him - I've been reminded of that a lot the past few days.
Tomorrow Scott and Scott are going to a businessman's luncheon. Please pray for them as they speak to these men. Tomorrow night Joey and I will be back at the University for an outdoor service - we are praying for good attendance and a great harvest. Scott L and Mike will be in tents in the township.
Scott D leaves us tomorrow to head back home. Please pray for his protection as he travels. He is on the 18 hr direct flight - which makes the trip really long - even though layovers make the trip longer, its nice to get off the plane and walk around. Please pray for him as he will get home Saturday evening, speak Sunday morning at a church in B'ham and then his son has knee surgery Monday morning (pray for Hunter as well for his surgery) - needless to say - he is going to be very tired. Please pray for his strength and stamina during this time.
No photos tonight - we are skyping with the office and our families and I am pretty tired tonight as well. I will upload some tomorrow (hopefully).
Fun facts...
- the people LOVE President Obama here. Scott D sends the President's greetings every night :)
- beer is called logger here
- whatever is ok fine
Love to all....


No comments:
Post a Comment