So, I put out my glue pads last night to catch my friend Jerry the Mouse. I tried to keep my mind off of it by catching up on my DVR recordings and watching some new shows - but of course, every little creek I heard, I muted it and listened. I went to bed around 10:30 saying, I was going to sleep, I was not going to worry about a little mouse. I left my tv on in my room last night (for some reason I think - maybe that will keep it out of my room), turned my fan on (so I would not hear every creek in the house and freak me out). I dozed, then I would wake up. I looked as the clock ticked away minute after minute, hour after hour. I thought about going to my car to sleep (yes I thought about it), I thought about going to a hotel and I mapped out my plan of how long I am going to sleep at my house this week (I am going to try it tonight and see how it goes - if it doesn't go well - I am either going to Jasper, to the Durant's or to the Lenning's - this is your warning people - get my room ready - I might be coming for a visit). I also mapped out my plan of, if I catch the mouse in my drawer - how I am going to get it out of there. Its one thing for it to be in a cabinet near the floor - I can just get my broom and sweep it up - its another for a drawer - I have to figure out how to get it out of drawer (thanks to Amanda Moon for the dust pan suggestion). Finally around 1:45 AM I watched a little tv, which made me sleepy and calmed my mind and I finally fell asleep a little after 2 AM. I hate that I can't sleep and I let that little thing consume me - but I HATE HATE mice. Everyone has fears and that is one of mine. Just as Brooke W. told me today - "mice are Satan with tails"!
When that alarm went off this morning, boy was it tough to get up. I did my normal routine. I looked in my closet where I had glue pad #1 - nothing (which I knew since I didn't hear the mouse screaming cause it was stuck). Went to the kitchen to turn on my coffee pot (because goodness knows I need a lot of caffeine after only getting 3.5 hours sleep) and checked my other two - nothing - again not surprised.
So, I can only hope and pray that when I get home today I will have a surprise waiting on me - a dead mouse. Or I pray he is gone where he came from -back outside.
9.23.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment