Well I finally got to go to the New Kids on the Block concert! It seemed like I bought my tickets forever ago! But, I am happy to report the wait was well worth it! Allow me to give you a brief rundown...
- For grown men who have been out of commission for 15 years - let me just say you could not tell it. They put on a great show! They still danced their hearts out and had women screaming at the top of their lungs!
- There were less than 200 men there. IF they were there it was because they brought their women. And Donnie informed them that they deserve a reward (if you know what I mean) from their woman for coming with them.
- I think I saw one person who was under the age of 18 there. And she was there with her mom. I am talking mini-van central and those mini-vans had writing on them - oh yes - "I'll be loving you forever Jordan"...very funny!
- I saw a lot of old school shirts and buttons. Some women came with their hair teased with hot pink leggings on - it was a fun crowd.
- They made a fortune last night! They made $70 off me (yes I know, but it was well worth it!). Their shirts were between $35-45 for a t-shirt - omg - I did not purchase one. I don't love them that much.
- They do still lip sync some songs. Because you cannot dance that much and still sound good. And one of the worst parts of the night for me was a time filler - Danny was trying to see what audience member could dance the best and Jon had the camera filming people - it was stupid.
- They had female dancers with them. Very stupid and not needed. No one paid any attention to the girls and they didn't bring a thing to the show. Women came there to see them not the girls shaking their booty.
- I think they had about 7 costume changes. We saw everything from ghetto NKOTB to Velvet suits to all white.
- They did all of their oldies (except "This One's for the Children" and the classic Christmas song, "Have a Funky Funky Christmas") -- I think they did all of the others. They also through in some of their new songs. I didn't like all of them, but I do plan on purchasing some of their new stuff - not bad.
- Women screamed their lungs out (I'll admit it - I did a little too). We did the ole hand swing of "Hangin Tough" too. It was so fun!
- Jordan - still hot and still has those abs. You will notice a photo below of him in his white shirt with a fan blowing on him - just like he did when I was in 9th grade! Nice!
- Donnie - still the bad boy everyone loves. He had women drooling all over him.
- Danny - still break dancing - although not as fast as 15 years ago.
- Jon - still the awkward, shy one who cannot dance.
- Joe - still my favorite. He is one of the best singers in the group and wore his signature smiley face jacket from back in the day. Alas, I did have to leave without him again. After all, I was supposed to be Mrs. Joey McIntyre - I guess he just hasn't realized it yet. One day, Joey, one day!
- This was my third NKOTB concert and it about just as fun as the others. I remember my last one I was a little over the top in love - I didn't act that bad this time - I tried to control my emotions this time. The other difference from my last concert (which was 17 years ago) was wow - it hurts to stand up for almost 2 hours without sitting down. My back was aching - it didn't ache when I was 14! And hey - getting in at 3 AM and going to work the next day - didn't have to do that back in the day.
It was such a fun, fun night! I am excited I got to go! I will always think they NKOTB has "the right stuff", that I'm their "favorite girl" and that they'll "be loving me forever"!
me and Jamie on the way to the concert
Joey
Jordan



No comments:
Post a Comment