- Rooming with Nicole - check - We had a great time rooming together. This will probably be my last time to room with her - which made me sad. But, seasons change and this is a new season of life for us all.
- Playing Phase 10. - check - Oh yes we played every day. Sometimes twice a day. And I had horrible luck this year. I didn't win one game. But, it was fun times!
- Seeing a new island - check - And it did have a pretty good beach. Shells were all in the water. Candice was the claw toe - she was picking them up like crazy. I struggled to get them with two feet. Tracy and Nicole got massages on the beach. The only bad part was that people were everywhere trying to sell you something, you just had to be nice and tell them no thanks. And all of us got tons of sun. Very fun!
- Sleeping late - uhhh no! That didn't happen. I was up by at least 8:30 every morning. The ship was so loud - it was impossible to sleep. I was awakened every morning around 4:30 of banging up above us. They were working on another floor and woke everyone up. It was awful...so no sleep for Gina (although I did take a couple of good afternoon naps).
- People watching - check - oh yea I did plenty of that. It amazes me how on a boat of over 1500 people you can see a few people every time you turn around. I saw two people in particular ALL the time. To the point I was sick of seeing them. Usually I make fun of the adults - but this time I was making fun of the teenagers. One poor girl in particular we made too much fun of. We got into trouble for making fun of her. But, all I can say is your bra goes under your shirt!
- Food - check - food was good. I had one fantastic dinner - one of the best meals I ever had.
- Shopping - check - although I didn't do a ton of it. I bought myself one thing and bought Brandon and Ella gifts - that was it. I wasn't in the mood to shop till I dropped.
- The cheesy shows - check - Nicole and I went to one show. The 50's music revue show. We had seen it before - but its always funny to watch them again.
- B-I-N-G-O - check - I played a few games. Didn't win - but its always fun.
- Cheesy photos that the people on the boat are always taking and wanting you to buy - check - I bought one of us at dinner. And we did watch people taking them and made fun of them. I mean really - do we need to pose with stuffed fish? Really? Guys, do we need to pose like Charlie's Angels, really? Do we need to pose in front of a banner with a stair case painting? Do we need to pose in front of a banner with a ship? And if you pose with stuffed fish and you are on your stomach with your feet in the air - make sure your feet are clean. I'm just saying...
- The funny waiters we always get - no! Our waiters weren't entertaining this year at all. They were nice - but not entertaining. The table next to us had a funny waiter. He sang loudly and danced like a stripper - very funny.
- Looking out at the endless sea and seeing how amazing God's creation is - check - it never ceases to amaze me.
- Spending QT with the family - check. We had a fun time hanging out together.
Things I dreaded...
- Life jacket drill - check - and I still hate it. One of these days I am going to hide in a closet in my room.
- Drunk people - check - I saw them - they weren't as bad as normal. But you still knew they were around.
- Body odor of the workers on the boat - check - not as many as before - but I did still smell some BO!
- Crowds - check - gosh the crowds. Crowded elevators, crowded pools, crowded eating. People think they are the only ones on the boat.
- Not having the kids with us - check - we had a good time - but of course we still wondered what they were doing, how they were doing and what they would like about the cruise, what they would hate and how they are still too young to come on a cruise.
Overall - fun times were had by all. Yes, the boat was so loud, crowded and old - but its the quality time that we spent together as a family on perhaps our last vacation is what mattered the most. So, thanks Dad and Kay for a great time.
I will post photos next week!


No comments:
Post a Comment