8.27.2008

Check em out...

The office is really slow in August. We are basically finished with our summer events and in prep mode for our winter events...so conference season hasn't kicked into high gear yet. Its always a nice "quiet before the storm" month for me but after weeks and weeks of it - it does tend to get boring and old. There are moments when we are busy but then moments where you want to crawl under your desk and take a nap (lets not tell Scott this though - ha ha!). So, I have been passing my time reading a bit (I have so read twelve books this summer - a huge record for me - thanks Karen Kingsbury (I am in the middle of the Firstborn series btw if you care)!), playing on facebook, reading news and entertainment web sites and finding fun new blogs! Thought I would share a few with you...enjoy!

  • The Crock Pot Lady - she vowed to make a meal in her crock pot every day in 2008 - recipes galore!

  • Landon Howell - I have been reading Landon's blog for years now. He is a guy from Jasper and he posts random things - anything from politics, Jasper, old school tv shows, whatever - its fun to read.

  • Domestication in Progress - more recipes!

  • Yearbook Yourself - OMG - upload a photo of yourself and have a blast. I laughed till I cried and I have some people in the office doing it with me. Hysterical!!
  • McCain Blogette - I am not a huge political person, although I have been following it this year. This is the blog of John McCain's daughter...pretty interesting to see her adventures on the road and the photos with her dad.

No comments: