5.22.2008

Graduation

Well another graduation has come and gone. Since I have been working with teenagers I have been to my fair share of graduations. Each one is special in its on way. I beam with pride as another one of "my kids" graduates and steps out into the big wide world. It brings happiness and yet a little sadness to me as well. Happy, because of the accomplishments that they have made, and sad, because they will be leaving the student dept and I won't see them as much.


This year I am a little more sentimental than usual. As I was handing out their graduation gifts on Sunday I was amazed at how much they have grown and matured in the six years they have been a part of my life. I remember very vividly this group - as they came in as scared and obnoxious 7th graders. I remember going bowling and to McDonald's with them to "welcome them to the youth group". I watched them get their footing as a teenager and learn to make friends, go through their awkward stages, begin to like members of the opposite sex, get their drivers license, and eventually become leaders in the group and have the younger kids look up to them. It has been my honor to be a part of this stage in their life. I am extremely proud of them and pray they continue to walk in the way Christ will lead them.

Below are photos of me and two of my girls!

Haley

Hali

No comments: