2.06.2009

Happy Belated Birthday Mom!


My mom's birthday was in January - yes I am late (it is the busiest time of the year for me) and I have already given her present to her - don't worry - I am not that bad a daughter! But, one thing I have not done yet is post things I love about my mom. My goal is to do that for my close family members this year. So, better late than never....

56 things I love about my mom:


  1. I get my middle name from her - Lee

  2. I look like her

  3. She is the easiest person to buy gifts for

  4. She was always there for me growing up and still is

  5. She is a great writer

  6. She cares deeply about people

  7. She forgives people who hurt her deeply over and over again

  8. She makes the best spaghetti

  9. She has the patience of Job

  10. My friends always love her

  11. She always had an open door for my friends growing up

  12. She is easy to talk to

  13. She is a great singer

  14. She is so proud of me and Tracy - constantly bragging about us to anyone who will listen

  15. She is such a giver - even when she can't afford it

  16. She works hard for everything she has

  17. She is known for her cornbread

  18. She is not ashamed of her faith

  19. She loves her family who technically isn't her family anymore

  20. She went back to school as an adult

  21. She dresses up every Halloween

  22. She makes the best Monkey Bread

  23. She loves making websites that help other people

  24. She loves to travel

  25. She loves movies and has hundreds of DVD's that she watches over and over again

  26. If her family likes something she does her best to like it too and doesn't complain about it

  27. She loves Brandon and Ella to the depths of her soul and has since they came into our life

  28. She supports us in our dreams - even if she doesn't always agree

  29. She makes the best Dump Cake

  30. She calls all of her cars "Nellie"

  31. She was a great teacher at school - I wish she could teach again - the kids loved her

  32. The way she helps Tracy with the kids even when she can't afford the gas to get there

  33. The way she took care of her mom and dad until the day they died

  34. Her stories of growing up with mawmaw, pawpaw and Gary

  35. She loves motorcycles

  36. She was a great roller skater growing up (funny I never learned how)

  37. She loves buttercups

  38. She calls Ella 'little bit' just like mawmaw called Tracy that growing up

  39. She always asks about her friends and the people we care about

  40. We have a chili for Thanksgiving every year

  41. The way she calls going to the movies - going to the show

  42. She is Nanny Janny to Jada and Leslie's kids too

  43. The way she moves her neck when she dances

  44. She was a tomboy growing up

  45. She prays for everyone that asks her to and asks us to as well

  46. She doesn't know what a great person she is

  47. The way she still takes care of us when we are sick

  48. She makes great sweet tea

  49. The way she laughs

  50. She has the kindest heart I know

  51. She would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it

  52. She is writing a book and I hope it gets published one day

  53. She has a beautiful smile

  54. She loves taking pictures

  55. She is a good listener

  56. She never gives up when life throws her curve balls

Happy (Belated) Birthday Mom - I am proud to have you as my mom. I love you!

No comments: